Position: Program Coordinator, LEAP Tampa Bay College Access Network & Community Foundation’s Community Impact Team
Reports to: Senior Director, Community Impact
The Community Impact Program Coordinator is a key professional for the LEAP Tampa Bay College Access Network, which works to help more people complete education and training after high school. A primary strategic initiative of the Foundation, LEAP’s critical work as a regional community convener and thought leader in college attainment requires an organized professional with strong attention to detail to help guide and manage the work of numerous volunteers and working groups. The Coordinatorworks closely with the Senior Director to support and promote programs, communicate with volunteer leadership and help manage their participation; build strong relationships with community partners; and support ongoing evaluation to inform programs and benefit resource development efforts. As part of the overall Community Foundation of Tampa Bay (CFTB) team, the position will additionally support CFTB’s broader strategic philanthropic investments, working closely with the Vice President and Senior Director of Community Impact.
LEAP Network Responsibilities (90%):
- Support identified priorities by managing project timelines and budgets, preparing financial or evaluation reports, and documenting and distributing records of official business.
- Coordinate the network’s community partners by scheduling/convening meetings, managing follow up on work plans, and communicating events, activities, and other announcements as appropriate.
- Track tangible and qualitative results from ongoing activities to support network’s storytelling and fund development.
- Participate and/or lead specific programmatic activities of the network, such as work supporting FAFSA completion, as deemed appropriate by work plans.
- Assist marketing and communications efforts on a variety of platforms, through social media posting and creating or managing creation of simple materials.
- Support the recruitment and orientation of new community partners onto working groups.
- Coordinate the network’s calendar of meetings and activities, providing organized documentation of official business.
- Represent the LEAP Tampa Bay network at events, as requested.
Foundation Responsibilities (10%):
- Provide support for CFTB’s Community Impact activities such as grant selection and distribution, as well as supporting entire Foundation team with events and maintaining cross-sector partnerships.
- A organized professional with an Associate degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred, with 2-3 years related work experience in nonprofits, project management, education, or a related field. A strong combination of education and work experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Critical thinking skills to support volunteer leadership in managing work plans, developing future agendas, etc.
- Solid understanding of basic project management skills, like budgeting/financial principles and timelines, as well as task and activity planning and management.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
- Ability to execute job duties with a team of co-workers and external constituents.
- Strong communication skills, with an emphasis on proofreading and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to effectively exchange or convey information.
- Ability to balance short- and long-term work to move ahead with plans/tasks/goals.
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends and travel within our five-county service area.
- Knowledge of the Tampa Bay community as well education/nonprofit issues a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Strong familiarity and experience with video meeting platforms, such as Zoom and Teams.
- Experience with Social Media platforms: Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Working knowledge of databases, with Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce a plus.
MISSION OF LEAP TAMPA BAY
LEAP Tampa Bay transforms lives by leveraging the power of community collaboration to accelerate personal, workforce, and community prosperity through education.
LEAP Tampa Bay is a network of more than 50 community partners committed to changing lives by connecting residents to education and training beyond high school. A cross-sector network convened to promote their community-wide commitment to college access and attainment, LEAP leaders use a collective impact model of collaboration to guide coordinated need-based strategies by partners from across business, education, government and non-profits. All the work is geared at increasing attainment of high-quality college degrees and career and technical training credentials to help build Tampa Bay’s workforce talent base. For more information, visit https://www.leaptampabay.org/.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY FOUNDATION OF TAMPA BAY
Building a Better Community Through Creative Philanthropy, Vision and Leadership
The Community Foundation of Tampa Bay has been growing philanthropy in the Tampa Bay region for more almost three decades. Across Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Hernando and Citrus counties, we work with donors to identify and support those initiatives and organizations that improve the quality of life in our community. For more information, visit www.cftampabay.org.
Status: Open until filled
Contact: Interested individuals should submit
- cover letter,
- references (two business and one personal) and
- salary history to: email@example.com
Please put the job title for this position in the subject header of your email. No phone calls or faxes. Submissions will not be considered without a cover letter.