There are many ways your organization can help us in our mission to increase post-secondary education attainment in Tampa Bay:
- Promote or expand your company’s education benefits, such as tuition reimbursement. Census data shows that at least 250,000 people in Pinellas and Hillsborough counties have earned some college credit but have not finished a degree or credential. Encouraging your employees to return to school can help strengthen your internal talent pool, build employee loyalty and attract new employees.
- Share information about educational opportunities and financial aid with your employees and relevant constituents.
- Develop a mentoring or coaching program to support employees as they go back to school.
- Offer internships. Internships provide critical real-world experience to students and can often help employers discover new talent for their organization.
- Encourage your employees to take part in LEAP Tampa Bay volunteer initiatives, like training volunteers to help with financial aid forms or participating in a workgroup.
- Make a financial contribution to support LEAP Tampa Bay’s programs or the FUSE scholarship.
CONNECT WITH LEAP…LET’S TALK!
In an effort to spark a collaborative conversation in the business community, we want to know – what programs does your organization offer to support education after high school? Email Chuck Tiernan at email@example.com to share your ideas.